- Español ¿Cuál es la mejor manera de convencer a la población de que se vacune?
- Português Qual é a melhor maneira de convencer as pessoas a se vacinarem contra a Covid?
- 中文 怎样说服人们打疫苗？
- عربي ما هي الطريقة الأفضل لإقناع المترددين بالحصول على لقاح كوفيد؟
- Français Quel est le meilleur moyen de convaincre les indécis de se faire vacciner contre la Covid-19?
- 日本語 ワクチン接種を促すにはどうすれば良い？
- Italiano Qual è il modo migliore per convincere le persone a vaccinarsi?
Editor's Note: Following numerous reader contributions to this topic, we have now closed this debate. More topics are open for comments hereExternal link.
Like many countries, Switzerland has experienced a drop in the vaccination rate, just as the Delta variant begins to take hold and the number of new cases rises again.
At its peak, the country was administering 90,000 jabs a day. By early July this had fallen to 60,000. By mid-July just over 40% of the population was fully vaccinated.
To avoid a major fourth wave of Covid-19, experts say vaccination coverage needs to be broadened. But what's the best way to do this?
In the United States, health officials have tried give-aways, such as lottery tickets, to incite people to get the shot. In France, the government has used a completely different tactic, making vaccination against Covid compulsory for healthcare workers and expanding the need for the Covid pass to enter public places, such as restaurants and bars. For now, Switzerland is banking on public information campaigns and bringing vaccines to the people, via mobile vaccination stations and walk-ins, to encourage more vaccination uptake.
Do positive incentives like give-aways work? Or should more coercive measures like in France be taken? Let us know what you think, and even what made you decide to get the shot (if you did), by commenting below.