Isabelle Cicala is a deaf sign language teacher, whose aim is to help deaf children and adults get access to higher education.This content was published on August 28, 2018 - 15:04
- Deutsch Zweisprachige Lehrerin für Gehörlose
- Español Maestra bilingüe para personas sordas
- Português A professora bilíngue para surdos
- 中文 失聪者的双语老师
- عربي مُدرّسة ثنائية اللغة للمُصابين بالصّمم
- Français Enseignante bilingue pour les personnes sourdes
- Pусский Преподаватель языка жестов
- 日本語 ろう者のためのバイリンガル教師
- Italiano Un insegnamento bilingue per sordi e audiolesi
She teaches deaf children together with a hearing teacher, so that the children learn both sign language and the oral and written forms of the spoken language at the same time.
The Swiss Federation of the Deaf says this type of bilingual teaching is very successful, but not yet deeply anchored in the Swiss education system. The group is now demanding a national bilingual programme so that deaf children have the same access to higher education as hearing children do.
(Video courtesy of the Swiss Federation of the Deaf).
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com