Although the practice has quadrupled in Switzerland over the last 15 years, only 2.7% of employees work from home regularly.This content was published on June 7, 2016 - 21:43
- Deutsch Arbeiten von Zuhause aus nimmt zu, ist aber immer noch selten
- Español El teletrabajo al alza, pero aún raro en Suiza
- Português Suíços hesitam em trabalhar de casa
- 中文 在家办公，你Hold得住吗？
- عربي العمل انطلاقا من المنزل في تزايد... لكنه يظل نادرا
- Français Recours au télétravail: en hausse mais encore rare
- Pусский Удаленный труд в Швейцарии все еще редкость
- 日本語 テレワーク スイスでの普及はもうひとつ
- Italiano Anche se in aumento, il telelavoro resta raro
According to the report released by the Federal Statistics OfficeExternal link on Tuesday, working from home is still the exception in Switzerland, with about 120,000 people using the option “habitually”, i.e. more than 50% of the time in 2015.
However, up to 20% of employees worked from home at least occasionally.
These figures concern telework, which the report defined as work that “involves the use of the internet and data exchange with the employer or client”.
When numbers of occasional and habitual teleworkers were combined, the report revealed that the practice of working from home has quadrupled in Switzerland between 2001 and 2015.
The information and communications sectors had the most employees working from home, with over 50% doing so at least occasionally. Educational, scientific and technical, and financial work also reported relatively high percentages of at least occasional work from home.
The Federal Statistics Office report only tracked work done in the home, and did not account for work done in other places or while travelling.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org