Are there ways of judging how politically involved young people are other than looking at voter turnout?
- Deutsch Wenn Shoppen zum politischen Akt wird
- Español Cuando las compras se vuelven políticas
- 中文 当购物成为一种政治行为
- عربي عندما يتحوّل التسوّق إلى مشاركة سياسية
- Français Quand faire ses courses devient politique
- Pусский Частное потребление как политический акт
- 日本語 買い物が政治行動になるとき
- Italiano Quando lo shopping diventa politico
Organic and fair trade products are booming. However, sales figures don't tell the whole story. When people decide to buy something out of conviction, shopping can become a form of political participation.
Political scientist Birte Gundelach is a specialist in this area, and is working on ways to figure out what motivates people to buy products with such labels.
This is the latest report in our series in which researchers take us 'Inside the Democracy Labs'.
This article was automatically imported from our old content management system. If you see any display errors, please let us know: email@example.com